“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy;” Colossians 1:9-11
What a wild ride the last few weeks have been. The rapid outbreak of an unusual virus has everyone in a tailspin, understandably so. Scientist and medial professionals still don’t know much and while they are busy trying to get ahead of the panic and outbreak we are left in isolation. It’s a hard pill to swallow. There is a lot of uncertainty especially among business owners. As odd as it may seem I find myself at peace. Our home is safe and sound. My children are well and fed. The Lord has provided all we need. Still, like most medical professionals my husband is considered “essential personnel” to the army. He will continue to go to work as it is his duty. Somehow I know he’ll be alright. The Lord will protect him.
While the world remains in chaos we remain in peace that only God himself can provide. I’ve recently come to the revaluation that being a stay at home mom is one of the most important job titles I have. Being in isolation has certainly put that title to the test. We’ve played outside, exercised, done crafts, watched movies and baked together. Precious memories that I probably wouldn’t have slowed down to do if not for the virus. I promise I’m not in denial. I very much understand the gravity of the situation. People are in panic, people are sick, people are losing their jobs or losing business. Times are tough. What an opportunity for each of us to rally together (figuratively speaking) to support each other. If you can support just one business, share resources with just one family. Calm the fear for just one person you can make a difference.
So often we make the mistake of believing we don’t have enough followers to make a difference. We allow our pride or our self pity to cloud our judgement. You can make an impact. Just one person can create a waive of positivity and hope. Your prayer, your attitude & your outlook matter. You never know who’s watching or who is looking to you for guidance or reassurance. Living in fear is not living at all.“he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.”
I’m not saying it’s not normal to feel fear. It’s a normal human reaction. I’m simply saying we have a choice to live in fear or live in the hope of the Lord. Even in the midst of chaos we can remain calm and clear. If you are a believer Listen for the Lord. He cares for you. So what are a few practical ways you can make a difference?
- Stay positive and calm. Our Facebook feeds are consumed with negativity and fear. Post positive, encouraging & uplifting content. If a friend is frazzled do your best to reassure him/her that everything will be okay. This may seem obvious but it’s needed.
- Share your activities! Some people feel overwhelmed and unprepared. If you are creative use your skills to guide others to be creative as well. This is especially helpful for moms of young kids. Crafting keeps the crazy calm. Easter is coming up. Dye eggs, doodle bunnies, have an egg hunt. Whatever it takes to keep you & your kiddos busy. A few other ideas outside chalk, bubbles, creative bath time, building blocks, coloring books. Keep it simple!
- Move your body. I would love to provide you with an online community for an at home fitness routine! Each workout is different and works outs are posted in advance for your week! 5 days of programming and two built in rest or active recovery days! I’m a certified fitness trainer and I would love to help you get started!
- Support local small businesses. Order takeout, frequent the drive through, place orders online! P.S. if you need immune boosting goodies I’m your girl! Arbonne offered amazing plant based and all natural products. Certified gluten, soy, dairy free! Also NO harsh chemical, perfume or animal cruelty In any of our makeup, skincare or nutrition. You can shop here —> http://marlieyon.arbonne.com/
- Strengthen your relationships. With God, with family, with friends! Social media allows us to connect frequently but don’t forget to call or text the people that matter most. A little effort goes a long way! It’s also a great time to read a book, meditate, detox your body and mind! If you are looking for a safe and gentle detox option I would love to help you get started!
“That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.”Colossians 1:29
Staying calm, cool & collected during the panic is no easy task. Depending on the Lord for peace and comfort has helped me so much. Sometimes the world and all of its brokenness and tragedy doesn’t make sense. It’s not for us to figure out or understand. Sometimes all we are able to do it be still and know what God is in control. We can pray for peace and understanding. We can make a difference in just one persons life. I hope this post was an encouragement to you. I hope you know you are never alone. I hope you feel the love and peace that only God can give! Have a blessed week everyone. Please feel free to reach out if you need direction in the areas of fitness or nutrition!